- The Vessel is one of the largest open hatch general cargo carriers in the world with eight (8) box-shaped cargo holds and four (4) jib cranes for handling cargo.
- The vessel has three (3) pairs of piggyback-type hatch covers (*) to have large hatch openings.
- The vessel has large hatch openings, which has no protruding object, and higher structural reliability with the characteristic structure of the hatch corners.
- In consideration of carrying forest products, bulkheads of cargo hold have no protruding objects and dehumidifier system is provided.
- Fittings for container and packaged lumber loading are fitted on the hatch covers.
- A hydrodynamic energy saving device on the rudder achieves good propulsive performance.
- MITSUI-MAN B&W Diesel Engine 5S60ME-C8 is a light, compact and high output electronically controlled engine complying with MARPOL NOx restriction for exhaust gas.
- The bow thruster and high-lift rudder enables good maneuverability in port.
- The vessel has a ballast water treatment system for protection of marine environment in advance of forthcoming entry into force of Ballast Water Management Convention.
(*):Piggyback-type hatch cover;
The system consists of a pair of two panels, i.e., "Lifting panel" & "Rolling panel".
"Rolling panel" rolls to underneath of the lifted "Lifting panel" and after that the "Lifting panel" is piled on to the back of "Rolling panel".
Piled panels can be moved between two neighboring hatches by endless chain system with hydraulic motor.
This system can save hatch cover stowage space around hatchway, and realizes wide hatch opening.