- In the record of NSR, the largest vessel 'Crane Harmony (11,500 DWT Chemical Tanker)' was built and delivered.
Blast & Painting Shop corresponding to the IMO new regulation was built.
- The world's largest Bunker Tanker 'Pearl Naomi (10,400 DWT)' was delivered.
- The world's largest class 'Salvage Tug Boat' (3,000kw engine x 4 / propellers 2 / Bollard Pull 200 tons) was delivered.
The 650 tons crawler crane was started in operation.
- Acquired 'ISO 9001:2000'
- Succeeded the Shipbuilding Division from Niigata Engineerong Co., Ltd.
and started shipbuilding business as ' Niigata Shipbuilding & Repair,
Inc.' on April 1.
- The No.1 Dry Dock (5,000GT) and Plate & Pre-Assembling Shop was completed in Niigata Shipyard.
- Misaki Shipyard has been established and has started shipbuilding business in Miura city, Kanagawa where is along the Pacific Ocean.
- The damaged Dry Dock caused by the 'Niigata quake in June 16, 1964' was repaired.
- The No.2 Dry Dock (3,500GT) was completed.
- Established as 'Niigata Engineering Co., Ltd.'
(Separation and independence from Nippon Oil Corporation)
- The first vessel 'No. 1 Nihonkai-Maru' (191G/T) was delivered.
- Niigata Shipyard has started shipbuilding business in Irifune area of Niigata city.
- Established as Niigata Engineering by Nippon Oil Corporation