Mitsui Engineering & Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. (MES) completed and delivered a 56,000 dwt type bulk carrier M.V. “YASA KAPTAN ERBIL” (MES Hull No. 1774) at its Tamano Works on 3rd February, 2010 to YA-SA DENIZCILIK SANAYI VE TICARET A. S., Turkey.
This vessel is a handy-max type bulk carrier of 56,000 dwt with a huge cargo hold capacity over 70,000 m3. This 56,000 dwt type bulk carrier series of MES is widely called “Mitsui’s 56” and is highly appreciated in the market. More than 150 units of this series have been ordered from MES.
|Length overall||189.99 m|
|Length (between perpendiculars)||182.00 m|
|Breadth (molded)||32.25 m|
|Depth (molded)||18.10 m|
|Deadweight||56,169 metric tons|
|Main Engine||MITSUI-MAN B&W Diesel Engine 6S50MC-C x1set|
|Maximum Continuous Output||9,070 kW x 125.0rpm|
|Service Speed||abt. 14.5 knots|
|Date of Delivery||February 3, 2010|
- The vessel is designed in accordance with IACS Common Structural Rules. As a result, structural safety and operational flexibility are improved.
The vessel is designed to have the following same features as “Mitsui’s 56” ;
(a)Good manageable size of 56,000 dwt at the summer draft
(b)Length and draft in consideration for accessibility to world main ports
(c)Low Fuel Oil Consumption based on good propulsive performance
- The vessel has five (5) cargo holds and four (4) cranes for handling cargo.
- In order to load various kinds of cargo, the vessel is designed to have enough strength of tank top of cargo holds and to be suitable for efficient cargo handling.
(a)The size of hatch opening is the largest for this type of vessel in terms of both length and width.
(b)Each cargo hold has a sufficient clear length in order to load long pipes.
(c)Cargo hold is well strengthened to load heavy cargo such as hot coil etc.
(d) Out fitting arrangement on upper deck and strength of hatch cover is well designed for loading packaged lumber.
- Main Engine is MITSUI-MAN B&W Diesel Engine 6S50MC-C, which is a light, compact and high output engine complying with MARPOL NOx restriction for exhaust gas. It has good enough power margin to provide a high degree of flexibility (at normal service output = 75% maximum continuous output) and the lowest fuel oil consumption shall be realized by the optimum matching at normal service output.
- Ballast water can be changed during navigation for protection of marine environment.
- Generator engines also comply with MARPOL NOx restriction for exhaust gas.