M.V. "TOMAROS", 66,000 DWT Type Bulk Carrier Delivered20th Ship of MES’s Eco-Ship "neo66BC"
MITSUI E & S SHIPBUILDING CO., LTD. (MES-S) completed and delivered a 66,000 dwt type bulk carrier M.V. "TOMAROS" (Hull No.1947) at its Tamano Shipyard on 23rd October, 2019 to TOMAROS NAVIGATION SA, Liberia.
This is the 20th ship of our "neo66BC", the "wide beam shallow draft vessel" of our line-up "neo series".
|Deadweight||66,508 metric tons|
|Main Engine||MITSUI-MAN B&W 7S50ME-B9.3 Diesel Engine x1set|
|Service Speed||abt. 14.5 knots|
|Date of Delivery||23rd October, 2019|
- The vessel has four (4) cranes and five (5) cargo holds, and keeps the superior usability of our 56BC.
- The vessel is designed to have enough deadweight more than 66,000 metric tons and capacity more than 82,800 cubic meters for loading various cargos like coal, ore, grain, as well as lengthy/heavy cargo such as steel pipe and hot coil.
- Fuel oil consumption is less than that of a conventional Supramax bulk carrier despite its enlargement.
- As a result of research work of interviews with ship owners and operators, investigations on ports all over the world and present trade patterns, wide beam (over-P'max) and shallow draft make it possible to have wide flexibility for operations and high transport efficiency.
- The new hull form makes it possible to keep good performance in rough sea conditions as well as calm sea conditions and shows better maneuverability.
- The size of hatch opening is the largest for this type of vessel in terms of both length and width.
- Main Engine, MITSUI-MAN B&W 7S50ME-B9.3 Diesel Engine, complying with MARPOL NOx restriction (Tier-II) for exhaust gas emissions, gives superior fuel oil consumption over wide range of output.
- Considering strengthened restriction for SOx, the ship has low sulfur fuel oil tanks, which are designed for operation in ECA (Emission Control Areas).
The information contained in the articles is current at the time of publication.
Products, service fees, service content and specifications, contact information, and other details are subject to change without notice.