M.V. "KOBAYASHI MARU", 60,000 DWT Type Bulk Carrier Delivered33rd Ship of MES’s Eco-Ship "neo60BC"
Mitsui E&S Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. (MES-S) completed and delivered a 60,000 dwt type bulk carrier M.V. "KOBAYASHI MARU" (Hull No. 1955) at its Chiba Shipyard on 8th August, 2019 to Dilemin Shipment Ltd., Republic of the Marshall Islands.
This is the 33rd ship of our "neo60BC", the third Eco-Ship line up of our "neo series".
|Main Engine||MITSUI-MAN B&W 6S50ME-B9.3 Diesel Engine x1set|
|Service Speed||abt. 14.5 knots|
|Date of Delivery||8th August, 2019|
- The vessel has four (4) cranes and five (5) cargo holds, and keeps the superior usability of our 56BC.
- The vessel achieves over 60,000 deadweight with Panamax beam and keeps our neo56's compatibility for ports and trade routes.
- The vessel is designed for loading various cargos like coal, ore, grain, as well as lengthy/heavy cargo such as steel pipe and hot coil.
- The new form of the bow and stern makes it possible to keep good performance in rough sea conditions as well as calm sea conditions and shows better maneuverability.
- The size of hatch opening is the largest for this type of vessel in terms of both length and width.
- Main Engine, MITSUI-MAN B&W 6S50ME-B9.3 Diesel Engine, complying with MARPOL NOx restriction (Tier-II) for exhaust gas emissions, gives superior fuel oil consumption over wide range of output.
- Considering strengthened restriction for SOx, the ship has multiple fuel oil tanks for switching of fuel oil.
- Compliance with the SOLAS Noise Code contributes to improve crew working and living environment.
The information contained in the articles is current at the time of publication.
Products, service fees, service content and specifications, contact information, and other details are subject to change without notice.