Environmental Philosophy & Action Guidelines
Mitsui E&S Group Global Environmental Philosophy
The Mitsui E&S Group views protecting the global environment as one of the most important issues given to it by society. Through our corporate activities, we give care and consideration to maintaining human health and conserving the global environment, and seek to contribute to the creation of an affluent society that is in harmony with the environment.
Mitsui E&S Group Global Environmental Action Guidelines
- 1. Complying with Environmental Regulations and Reducing Environmental Impact
- The Group observes and complies with environment-related laws and agreements, etc., and creates its own voluntary standards where necessary. It also gives care and consideration to reducing the environmental impact at each stage of its business operations, from the research, development and design of its technologies and products to their production, distribution, use, and ultimate disposal as waste.
- 2. Promoting of Resource Conservation, Energy Saving and Recycling, and Reducing of Waste
- The Group seeks to promote the conservation of resources, energy saving and recycling in all areas of its corporate activities, and endeavors to reduce waste output.
- 3. Contributing to Environmental Conservation through the Development of New Technologies and Products
- The Group works proactively to develop technologies and products that contribute to environmental conservation, and to provide them to society.
- 4. Caring and Consideration for the Environment in Overseas Business Activities
- The Group also gives sufficient care and consideration to environmental conservation in the countries where it is engaged in overseas business activities.
- 5. Promoting PR Activities and Contributing to Social Activities
- In addition to engaging in proactive PR activities with regard to environmental conservation, the group also contributes to local communities and society as a whole through the provision of appropriate technologies and information.
- 6. Raising Awareness through Environmental Education and Participating in Social Activities
- The Group seeks to increase employee awareness of environmental issues such as by providing environmental education and conducting internal PR activities. Through voluntary participation in environmental conservation activities, employees endeavor to build trusting relationships with local communities and wider society.
- 7. Establishing an Environmental Administrative Organization and Building an Environmental Management System
- The Group endeavors to improve its environmental conservation efforts by establishing an environmental administrative organization, and by building and maintaining an environmental management system.
- 8. Coordinating and Collaborating with Affiliate Companies
- The Group endeavors to instill its environmental philosophy and action guidelines at each of its affiliate companies, and promotes their comprehensive implementation, aiming to further increase the effectiveness of its environmental conservation activities.
Environment Administration Organization
Below is a chart of the MES Environmental Administrative Organization. Having the company president take on the chief executive role within the MES Environmental Administrative Organization shows that we are dedicated to diligently managing and operating all MES business based on an earth-friendly approach.
Enhancing our Environmental Management System
MES received ISO14001 certification at our Tamano Works in October of 2000. This was followed by the same certification at our Chiba and Oita Works in September of 2001. Moreover, all of works shifted to the 2004 version of ISO14001 for the 2005 fiscal year. In fiscal 2010, a third renewal inspection was executed at both our Chiba and Oita Works. Both had their certifications successfully renewed. In Fiscal 2012, a fourth renewal inspection at our Tamano Works allowed it to also renew its certification. In addition, each of our works takes part in biannual system operation examinations by outside organizations.
Photographs show scenes from the renewal inspection at our Tamano Works.
- Sustainability Topics
- Safety Measures
- Environmental Preservation
- Social Contributions
- Human Assets
- Environmental & Social Report